EDGEWOOD, N.M. (AP) _ Authorities closed a small shopping center Friday after 47 people were overcome by carbon monoxide fumes inside a food store _ and then 15 employees became ill when the store reopened hours later.

The potentially deadly fumes were traced to a faulty, propane-powered floor buffer. But authorities had not determined what affected the second group of people about seven hours after the store reopened.

``We're looking at something entirely different,'' said Kevin Henson, a spokesman for the Santa Fe Fire Department.

Henson said the 15 workers at the John Brooks Food Store had the same symptoms of nausea, vomiting and dizziness as those affected earlier. All were taken to hospitals.

Earlier, 10 of the 47 who were overcome by carbon monoxide fumes were taken to hospitals. Three were later released. Conditions on the others weren't available, but none were in life-threatening situations, Henson said.

Carbon monoxide levels at the store had been 40 times the level considered lethal earlier Friday, Henson said. But they were normal when they were checked after the second wave of illnesses.

The entire shopping center _ consisting of eight businesses _ was closed until the source of the problem could be found.

Edgewood is about 25 miles east of Albuquerque.