Officials: House fire caused by smoking materials
Apr. 02, 2018
KITTERY, Maine (AP) — Fire officials in Maine say a blaze that badly damaged a home was caused by improperly disposed smoking materials.
The Portland Press Herald reports firefighters responded to the Kittery home Saturday afternoon. Authorities say the fire started on the porch and quickly consumed the entire two-story home.
Kittery Fire Chief David O'Brien says the fire was contained within an hour.
The man and woman living in the home were not injured. A firefighter was treated for an eye injury.
O'Brien says the fire was caused by improperly disposed smoking materials. He doesn't believe it's suspicious.
Information from: Portland Press Herald, http://www.pressherald.com