ROCHESTER, N.Y. (AP) — A New York couple accused of leaving their newborn and two young children alone in a shopping mall while they were working have pleaded not guilty to child endangerment charges.

WHEC (http://bit.ly/2pVZXqy ) says Jean Seide and Bilaine Seint-Just of Rochester appeared in court Thursday.

Their attorney says the children's mother will no longer be employed.

The Ontario County sheriff's office said the children — ages 8, 6 and 1 month — were left unsupervised for six hours last month while the parents were at their maintenance jobs.

Deputies say they found the children in an employees' access hallway.

The parents say they're thankful for an outpouring of community support. Child Protective Services is working with the family.

___

Information from: WHEC-TV, http://www.10nbc.com