Middle school in Florida evacuated after bomb threat
Aug. 18, 2017
LUTZ, Fla. (AP) — A sheriff's office in Florida says no bomb had been found after a threat led a school to evacuate.
The Tampa Bay Times reports the Hillsborough County Sheriff's Office says a middle school in Lutz was evacuated Thursday morning after someone called in a bomb threat. Students at Bob Martinez Middle School were moved to the gym at the adjacent Steinbrenner High School so deputies could search for an explosive.
The middle schoolers retuned to class around 11 a.m.
Information from: Tampa Bay Times (St. Petersburg, Fla.), http://www.tampabay.com.