Students evacuated due to bathroom fire during exam week
Jan. 19, 2018
BOISE, Idaho (AP) — Officials at a southwestern junior high school say a fire that caused an evacuation during exam week is of suspicious origin.
Boise School District spokesman Dan Hollar says the fire started at about 9:30 a.m. Friday when a paper towel dispenser caught fire in the girls' bathroom at Hillside Junior High School in Boise.
Hollar tells KTVB-TV that students were evacuated to the cafeteria and gym areas.
Hollar says the damage is minimal, and officials will review security camera footage.
There were no injuries reported.
Information from: KTVB-TV, http://www.ktvb.com/