Woman burned as gas is pumped into garbage can in backseat
Feb. 18, 2018
MOSES LAKE, Wash. (AP) — Authorities say a Washington woman suffered severe burns after gasoline fumes ignited when gas was being pumped into a garbage can in a car's backseat.
KOMO-TV reports the Grant County Sheriff's Office says the woman, who was a passenger early Saturday morning at a Cascade Valley Grocery convenience store, was smoking a cigarette, which ignited the flames.
Deputies later found a large amount of marijuana in the car's trunk.
A bystander took the woman to Samaritan Healthcare in Moses Lake.
The male driver who was pumping the gas ran away.
Information from: KOMO-TV, http://www.komotv.com/