Settlement reached in lawsuit over Hanford contracts
Jun. 08, 2018
RICHLAND, Wash. (AP) — A former Hanford Nuclear Reservation contractor has reached a settlement with the U.S. Department of Justice in a lawsuit involving millions of dollars in contracts intended for small businesses.
Washington Closure Hanford and the DOJ notified U.S. District Judge Sal Mendoza Jr. on Thursday that a settlement had been reached.
The Tri-City Herald says the notice did not specify the settlement amount.
The Department of Justice in 2013 filed a civil lawsuit against Washington Closure and others, accusing them of violating the False Claims Act.
Federal prosecutors accused Washington Closure of awarding subcontracts reserved for small businesses — or certain types of small businesses, such as those owned by women — to front companies.
The contractor denied the allegations, but said it wanted to end the litigation.
Information from: Tri-City Herald, http://www.tri-cityherald.com