United States Topical Analgesics Market Report 2018 - ResearchAndMarkets.com
DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Apr 9, 2019--The “Topical Analgesics Market in the United States” report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com’s offering.
This report focuses solely on products sold through domestic consumer outlets, including those marketed via drug stores, food stores, and mass merchandisers, in addition to non-traditional outlets, such as online, health food stores, convenience stores, warehouse clubs, dollar stores, and mail order, among others.
A comprehensive analysis of the U.S. Topical Analgesics industry, focusing on key trends, developments, challenges, business opportunities, and new product activity, and offers insights and information on the following:
- Industry trends
- Market size and performance
- Brand sales and share
- Company sales and share
- New product activity
- Retail distribution
- Regulatory developments
- Rx-to-OTC switch forecasts
- Five-year historical sales
- Five-year sales forecasts
Features user-friendly database that is fully searchable and exportable that contains sales data, growth, share, and forecasts for hundreds of brands and companies across more than 20 categories
The data contained in this study provides information on the entire U.S. Topical Analgesics industry sales conducted through consumer outlets for the calendar year 2017. Some sections also occasionally cover developments for 2018 and are noted as such.
The information in the report presents a comprehensive overview of the industry, including data on products and companies, organized for ready reference, as follows:
- Executive Summary. This top-line summary highlights key 2017 information and select 2018 activities and noteworthy strategic trends and issues.
- Products. This section gives thorough market profiles of 22 major product categories in 7 product classes of the industry for 2016 and 2017.
- Major Companies. Profiled here are the principal companies with U.S. Topical Analgesics sales exceeding $100 million, comprising extensive business summaries of 11 major suppliers for 2017.
- Market data refers exclusively to sales through these outlets.
- Direct and mail order sales are included, but sales to institutions, such as hospitals and nursing homes, and exports are excluded.
- All market sales data are given in manufacturers’ or factory dollars, that is, the prices received by manufacturers before wholesale and retail mark-ups.
- All companies selling branded products are considered manufacturers in this report, regardless of whether they have manufacturing facilities of their own or sell products made by other companies.
Sources and Methods
- Data have been obtained through research and analysis of the industry conducted from January 2018 through June 2018.
- The report information is obtained through hundreds of interviews of executives in the industry, retailers, trade associations, and government agencies
- Secondary sources consulted include an analysis of annual reports and other financial reports from companies; web searches; a review of trade press, and other secondary information; and store checks of retail outlets.
- All data on market size and brand shares have been determined from a thorough analysis of several sources of information.
- Statistics on market size are believed to be accurate for products with sales of $15 million or more, probably within 10% of the true value.
- For smaller markets, the accuracy is substantially less, probably within 25% of the true value.
- Data on brand shares also varies according to the size of the market, although accuracy is roughly the same for the products.
The data presented in this report are believed to be sufficiently accurate for preliminary market planning
- However, more specific and detailed studies should be conducted before projects that require substantial business decisions are undertaken.
- The author is pleased to assist clients on such projects through its custom consultation capabilities, realized through over 50 years of experience in consulting to the pharmaceutical industry.
- Bayer Group
- Carlyle Group
- Church & Dwight
- Johnson & Johnson
- Perrigo Company
- Prestige Brands
- Procter & Gamble
- Reckitt Benckiser
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/a3y2ci
View source version on businesswire.com:https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20190409005709/en/
Laura Wood, Senior Press Manager
For E.S.T Office Hours Call 1-917-300-0470
For U.S./CAN Toll Free Call 1-800-526-8630
For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900
Related Topics:Over the Counter (OTC) Drugs,Analgesics
KEYWORD: UNITED STATES NORTH AMERICA
INDUSTRY KEYWORD: HEALTH PHARMACEUTICAL
SOURCE: Research and Markets
Copyright Business Wire 2019.
PUB: 04/09/2019 10:20 AM/DISC: 04/09/2019 10:20 AM