AP NEWS
Related topics

Improperly discarded smoking materials caused condo fire

July 10, 2018

OLD ORCHARD BEACH, Maine (AP) — Authorities say improperly discarded smoking materials on a second-floor deck ignited a fire that destroyed a condominium complex in Maine and left 16 people homeless.

The Portland Press Herald reports the second floor and roof of an eight-unit condo building were heavily engulfed in flames on Saturday night. That building is considered a total loss.

No one was hurt.

The American Red Cross assisted the 16 residents.

___

Information from: Portland Press Herald, http://www.pressherald.com

AP RADIO
Update hourly