Man Electrocuted After Snake Attack
DAYTON, Texas (AP) _ A 25-year-old father of two was electrocuted after suffering eight deep snake bites to his ear and arm in a bizarre accident under his trailer home.
David Walton Richardson died Friday shortly after his pregnant wife, Pamela, and a neighbor pulled him from beneath the family’s trailer, authorities said.
An autopsy by the Harris County medical examiner’s office showed Richardson died from electrocution, said Justice of the Peace Glen Prater of Dayton, who pronounced Richardson dead at the scene.
Liberty County deputies said Richardson may have been shocked while trying to crawl out from under the trailer after he was bitten four times in the ear lobe and four times in the arm by a snake of unkown species.
Deputy Alton Wilcox said Richardson had crawled under the trailer to fix the air conditioner as his 4-year-old son watched nearby.
He said the child then ran to his mother, who was inside taking care of the couple’s infant daughter, and screamed ″Momma, momma, daddy got bit by a snake 3/8″ Wilcox said.
Wilcox said Mrs. Richardson, who is six months pregnant, and a neighbor pulled Richardson out.
″Mr. Richardson was alive when they pulled him from under the trailer, but his head and face were covered with blood,″ Wilcox said. ″The snake had bitten him in the ear and arm. The little boy said the snake crawled back up into insulation under the trailer.″
Wilcox said the snake was gone when he arrived.