AP NEWS
Related topics

US: Wanted ex-CIA officer headed for US

July 19, 2013

WASHINGTON (AP) — The U.S. says a former CIA base chief in Milan convicted in the 2003 abduction of an Egyptian terror suspect in Italy is either en route or has already landed in the United States.

State Department spokeswoman Marie Harf said Friday that Robert Seldon Lady was being returned to the United States, but she declined to disclose other details about his case.

Lady has retired from the CIA. He left Italy not long after officials there began their investigation. An Italian court convicted him in absentia in 2009.

Interpol had issued a request for Lady’s arrest, reflecting Italy’s determination for his return.

Lady had been detained in Panama and was flown from there to the United States.

AP RADIO
Update hourly