Browns evacuate London hotel because of kitchen gas leak
LONDON (AP) — The Cleveland Browns evacuated their London hotel for an hour Saturday morning because of a gas leak in the resort’s kitchen.
The team says players, coaches and other personnel were awakened by fire alarms in the Pennyhill Park Resort and Spa at 5:45 a.m. They gathered in their temporary locker room area in the hotel parking lot before returning.
The disruption cost the players sleep, and their schedule for Saturday was pushed back two hours. The team arrived in England on Friday and some players, including rookie starting quarterback DeShone Kizer, said they got little sleep on the flight.
The Browns (0-7) play the Minnesota Vikings (5-2) on Sunday at Twickenham Stadium. This is Cleveland’s first regular-season game outside the U.S.