AP NEWS
Related topics

PM Prep-Segue

November 6, 2018

SEAN HANNITY - DONALD TRUMP

NEW YORK (AP) — Fox News says it does not condone any of its journalists appearing in a campaign event. The statement came hours after prime-time host Sean Hannity spoke at President Trump’s final rally before the midterm election. Fox called it an “unfortunate distraction” that has been addressed. But the network statement issued Tuesday did not explain how it was addressed. Hannity, who had said earlier Monday that he would not appear on the campaign stage, tweeted that he was “surprised, yet honored” by the president’s request that he come up on stage. And he said that he was not referring to any Fox colleagues when he pointed to what he called the “fake news” reporters standing in the press area.

NEWS WATCHDOG GROUP CALLS HANNITY’S APPEARANCE “DANGEROUS FOR DEMOCRACY”

NEW YORK (AP) — The left-leaning watchdog group Media Matters for America says last night’s appearance by Sean Hannity at a President Trump campaign rally is “dangerous for democracy.” Angelo Carusone heads the group, which has in the past urged an advertiser boycott of Hannity. And he says Hannity’s appearing with Trump onstage at the rally puts the host’s bosses at Fox News in a bad spot. He notes Fox denied Hannity would be onstage with Trump — and his appearance suggests that either Fox News “lied all day about their direct collaboration with the Trump campaign” — or Fox “simply doesn’t have any control over Sean Hannity.”

NBC, FOX AND FACEBOOK ALL STOP RUNNING TRUMP CAMPAIGN AD

NEW YORK (AP) — NBC, Fox News Channel and Facebook have all decided to stop running that ad put together by President Trump’s campaign. The all join CNN, which had already spiked the ad, calling it racist. Trump was asked yesterday if he though the ad was offensive. His reply: “a lot of things are offensive.”

___

Sound:

036879-q-43:44-(President Donald Trump, with reporters)-“so you know”-Trump denies knowledge of controversial ad, says a lot of things are offensive (5 Nov 2018)

<<CUT *036879 (11/05/18)££ 43:44 “so you know”

036878-q-92:40-(President Donald Trump, with reporters)-“that we’re seeing”-Trump denies knowledge of controversial ad, says a lot of things are offensive (5 Nov 2018)

<<CUT *036878 (11/05/18)££ 92:40 “that we’re seeing”

IDRIS ELBA NAMED “SEXIEST MAN ALIVE”

LOS ANGELES (AP) — “An ego boost, for sure.” That’s how Idris Elba describes being named this year’s Sexiest Man Alive.” Usually you don’t think of a popular actor as in need of ego stroking — but that’s what he says. Apparently, he got over his lack of confidence shortly after being named. Elba joked that after hearing the news, he checked himself out in the mirror and decided “yeah, you are kind of sexy today.”

SPRINGSTEEN, CHURCH APPEAR AT “STAND UP FOR HEROES”

NEW YORK (AP) — Bruce Springsteen moonlighting as an off-color comedian? Yeah, that’s what happened last night in New York. The rock star was performing at an event to raise money for military vets. He did a few songs — and told a few jokes, none of which can be repeated on the air. For the past 12 years, Springsteen has been the special musical guest at the Stand Up for Heroes show, which raises money for a foundation set up by Bob Woodruff, the ABC news anchor who was injured in Iraq in 2006.

ARIANA GRANDE - BILLBOARD

NEW YORK (AP) — The music industry is honoring Ariana Grande. Billboard has named her its 2018 Woman of the Year. Grande will receive the award at Billboard’s 13th annual Women in Music event Dec. 6 in New York. Grande joins Taylor Swift, Lady Gaga, Madonna and Selena Gomez as winners of the award.

___

Sound:

037081-w-343:20-(Margie Szaroleta (zar-oh-LEH’-tah), AP music correspondent, with music)-“I’m Margie Szaroleta”-Billboard names Ariana Grande 2018 Woman of the Year (6 Nov 2018)

<<CUT *037081 (11/06/18)££ 343:20 “I’m Margie Szaroleta”

037082-r-501:84-(Ariana Grande (GRAHN’-day), performing “No Tears Left To Cry”)-”(music fades)”-Billboard names Ariana Grande 2018 Woman of the Year (6 Nov 2018)

<<CUT *037082 (11/06/18)££ 501:84 ”(music fades)”

HARVEY WEINSTEIN - SEX ASSAULT CASE

NEW YORK (AP) — Harvey Weinstein’s lawyers are making a new attempt to get the New York sexual assault case against him dismissed. The disgraced Hollywood movie producer’s attorneys say the suit should be tossed because the indictment against him was, quoting here, “irreparably tainted by police misconduct.” They say if the case isn’t tossed, they’d at least like a hearing to look into the alleged police misconduct. The Manhattan district attorney’s office declined to comment. Police say the evidence against Weinstein “is compelling and strong.”

THOMAS RAVENEL - SEX ASSAULT

CHARLESTON, S.C. (AP) — The sex assault case against “Southern Charm” star and former South Carolina treasurer Thomas Ravenel is going to trial. The Post and Courier newspaper reports that a judge has ruled the case will go forward. The 56-year-old reality television star was arrested in September on assault and battery charges and charged with sexually assaulting a former nanny in May. An actual trial date has not been set.

by Oscar Wells Gabriel II

Follow Oscar Wells Gabriel II on Twitter at https://twitter.com/OWGabriel2

AP RADIO
Update hourly