Related topics

Gas leak prompts evacuation of store, motel in Pierre

July 10, 2018

PIERRE, S.D. (AP) — No one was hurt in a natural gas leak that prompted the evacuations of a store and a motel in Pierre.

Fire Chief Ian Paul tells KCCR radio that firefighters were first called to the Walgreens store on Monday evening, but they determined the leak wasn’t coming from that business.

The source was found at the nearby Econo Lodge. Montana Dakota Utilities crews were called in to repair it.

The cause of the leak wasn’t immediately determined.


Information from: KCCR-AM, http://www.todayskccr.com/

Update hourly