Child accused in ‘threat of violence’ at N Carolina school
ASHEVILLE, N.C. (AP) — Police in North Carolina say a juvenile suspect has been arrested in a “threat of violence” that caused a middle school to lockdown for hours.
The Asheville Citizen Times reports city police say charges are pending against the suspect whose name hasn’t been released. A statement by police says Asheville Middle School was locked down for hours Tuesday “due to a threat of violence.”
City Schools spokeswoman Ashley-Michelle Thublin says the “potential threat” was received that afternoon. She declined to detail the nature of the threat. The school also was locked down last week due to a potential threat. Police declined then to detail the threat.
Information from: The Asheville Citizen-Times, http://www.citizen-times.com