AP NEWS

Python dead after ingesting poisoned rodent

October 8, 2018

LOGAN, Utah (AP) — Authorities say a small python that was found in a Logan neighborhood was positively identified by his owners after it was allegedly stolen from their home earlier this summer.

But the Herald Journal reports Logan Police Capt. Tyson Budge said Friday that the snake suffered convulsions and died several hours after he was picked up.

A necropsy — an autopsy for animals — was performed on the snake and police were informed that the python had ingested a poisoned rodent, causing it to hemorrhage internally.

While the snake was not with his family when he died, Logan police say they went to great lengths to keep him safe and comfortable while he was in their care.

___

Information from: The Herald Journal, http://www.hjnews.com

AP RADIO
Update hourly