Advantmed Publishes Value-Based Strategies to Improve Clinical Outcomes for Medicare Advantage Plans Amid U.S. Healthcare System Financial Crisis
SANTA ANA, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Aug 7, 2018--Advantmed, LLC, an integrated risk-adjustment optimization and quality improvement company, today releases its white paper, “ Federal Policy and Medicare’s Impact on the Economy,” the first in a three-part series, “High Priorities for the U.S. Healthcare System: Powerful End-to-End Solution to Integrate Patient Care.” Developed to support Medicare Advantage (MA) plans in their quest for innovative approaches to improve patient care, this document cites opportunities for differentiation and financial success in a healthcare environment facing looming crises.
“Aging baby boomers have created a significant shift from enrollment in private health insurance to Medicare and are driving an unsustainably high rate of healthcare spending,” says Jay Baker, senior vice president, quality and risk adjustment solutions, Advantmed. “If further cuts to Medicare entitlements occur in 2018, then deductibles and cost-sharing for seniors in original Medicare will likely increase. These circumstances will make MA plans that much more attractive for the nation’s aging population and should prompt MA plans to not only look at the full spectrum of the patient, but to also apply an end-to-end solution.”
Medicare spending was 15 percent of total federal spending in 2017, and is projected to rise to 18 percent by 2028. In 2017, 33 percent of Medicare beneficiaries were enrolled in Medicare Advantage plans, up from 19 percent in 2007. To remain sustainable, MA plans must adopt innovative quality and risk adjustment programs to meet the growing demand for effective care strategies.
“Advantmed’s powerful end-to-end solution integrates with patient care to help managed care organizations improve outcomes by delivering the optimal combination of capabilities designed to meet key objectives,” adds Baker. “When implemented effectively and efficiently—and aligned with payment reform—it’s possible to enhance care coordination using analytics, in-home care, retrospective solutions and care management to significantly improve outcomes.”
About Advantmed, LLC
Advantmed, LLC is a healthcare solutions company dedicated to partnering with health plans, provider groups and risk-bearing entities to optimize risk adjustment and quality improvement programs. Our integrated and technology-enabled solutions improve health plan financial results and offer insights on health plan members. For more information on Advantmed’s solutions visit www.advantmed.com.
View source version on businesswire.com:https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20180807005627/en/
Nicole Dufour, 201-641-1911, ext. 54
KEYWORD: UNITED STATES NORTH AMERICA CALIFORNIA
INDUSTRY KEYWORD: HEALTH HOSPITALS MANAGED CARE
SOURCE: Advantmed, LLC
Copyright Business Wire 2018.
PUB: 08/07/2018 11:45 AM/DISC: 08/07/2018 11:45 AM