AP NEWS

House explosion in Vernon County injures 2, sheriff’s office says

December 31, 2018

A house explosion in Vernon County injured two people Saturday afternoon and caused extensive damage to the home, the Vernon County Sheriff’s Office said.

Around 1:30 p.m., deputies and firefighters went to a home on Pine Street in Stoddard for an explosion that was likely caused by a propane leak from a dryer in the basement that ignited, the Sheriff’s Office said.

Two people had non life-threatening injuries and were taken to a La Crosse hospital by ambulance, according to the Sheriff’s Office.

The explosion is under investigation by the Stoddard-Bergen Fire Department.

AP RADIO
Update hourly