CHISAGO CITY, Minn. (AP) _ An 87-year-old woman died after her clothes caught fire while she was removing a pie from the oven.

Hilda Froehner, who lived in a senior citizens' apartment complex, died Sunday afternoon at Regions Hospital in St. Paul.

Authorities say she was burned when the dish towel she was using as a potholder caught fire Sunday morning as she took the mincemeat pie out of the oven. As the flames spread, she managed to get to a medical alert button in the bedroom to call authorities before she was overcome.

She suffered burns over 85 percent of her body.

The fire was confined to the woman's apartment. At least 50 other tenants were evacuated, many in their pajamas and robes, for a time as a precaution.