Britons To Be Tried in Yemen
ADEN, Yemen (AP) _ The trial of five Britons charged with terrorism in Yemen will open Wednesday, a judiciary official said Sunday.
Yemeni authorities have accused them of being linked to a militant Islamic group that kidnapped 16 Westerners Dec. 28. Four of the Westerners died in a Yemeni army rescue attempt a day later.
The Britons _ Ghulam Hussein, 25; Mohsin Ghalain, 18; Shahid Butt, 33; Malik Nassar Harhra, 26; and Samad Ahmed, 21 _ were charged last week with associating with armed groups, forming a plan to commit murder and destruction, and possessing weapons.
The first session of the trial will open in the Aden Preliminary Court on Wednesday, the official said, speaking on customary condition of anonymity.
The men have pleaded not guilty to all charges.