Related topics

No. 13 Kansas St. 30, Missouri 0

October 7, 1995

MANHATTAN, Kan. (AP) _ Kansas State posted its third straight shutout and Eric Hickson ran for two touchdowns as the 13th-ranked Wildcats beat Missouri 30-0 in the Big Eight on Saturday.

The Tigers (2-3, 0-1 Big Eight) became the first team to get inside the Kansas State 20 in the last three games following Shad Criss’ second interception late in the third quarter. But a fourth-down pass from Brandon Corso to Lou Shepherd fell incomplete to preserve the K-State shutout.

Kansas State (5-0, 1-0) won its 10th straight regular season game and has allowed only six penetrations inside its 20 in five games. Missouri lost its fourth straight road game, and has not won in Manhattan since 1989.

The Wildcats have scored 140 unanswered points in the last four games.

Hickson scored on runs of 5 and 1 yards in the third quarter and Matt Miller ran 15 yards on a quarterback draw to set up the second score.

Kansas State had taken a 7-0 lead with 7:33 left in the second quarter on an 8-yard run by Miller after a seven-play drive.

Travis Ochs intercepted Corso’s pass earlier in the period, and the Wildcats drove to Hickson’s first touchdown in four plays.

Martin Gramatica kicked a 22-yard field goal with about six minutes left for Kansas State, and Miller threw 22-yard touchdown pass to Brian Lojka with 1:46 left in the game.

Miller sat out three plays in the second quarter after taking a late hit out of bounds. He returned, but threw a wobbly pass into the end zone that fluttered into the hands of Criss on first down from the Missouri 18.

The Wildcats stopped Missouri and Miller then led the Wildcats on a seven-play, 67-yard scoring drive. He scored on an option play, cutting upfield and scoring untouched.

Hickson had a 24-yard gain on a screen pass, and Miller threw a 24-yard pass to Kevin Lockett during the drive.

Missouri had a 14-play drive in the first quarter, but came away with no points when offensive pass interference was called on Jay Murchison. The penalty pushed Missouri out of Kansas State territory and the Tigers couldn’t recover, despite a 15-yard completion from Brandon Corso to Vic Faust on third down.

The Tigers were unable to move the ball after that and finished the half with just 69 yards in total offense, zero in the second quarter.

A fumbled punt by Kansas State’s Mitch Running set the Tigers up at the Kansas State 47 late in the second quarter, but Missouri could not move and had to punt when Corso was sacked on third down for a 6-yard loss.

Update hourly