Global Vertical Cavity Surface Emitting Laser (VCSEL) Market Report 2018-2023: Analysis by Raw Material Type, End User and Region - ResearchAndMarkets.com
DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Nov 29, 2018--The “Global Vertical Cavity Surface Emitting Laser Market - By Raw Material Type (Gallium Nitride, Gallium Arsenide, Indium Phosphide, Others), End User and Region - Growth, Trends and Forecast (2018-2023)” report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com’s offering.
The Vertical Cavity Surface Emitting Laser market is expected to register a CAGR of over 18.64% during the forecast period 2018-2023.
VCSELs offer reliability, precision, high efficiency, and high speed with the cost-effective solution and these are the most promising new technological developments that has happened in laser physics.
The green and blue vertical-cavity-surface-emitting lasers are fuelling the growth of the market for small photonics devices, such as laser Pico Projectors.
Increasing Demand for Smartphones
Owing to increase in the usage of smart devices, such as smartphones has sparked the growth of the Vertical Cavity Surface Emitting Laser Market. Emerging new technologies and increased consumer demand for more advanced smartphones and tablets have boosted the growth pace of the industry to a great extent.
Increased levels of adoption of portable devices, such as laser mice (optical tracking), which uses a light emitting diode (VCSEL) to illuminate the flat surface have been instrumental in maximizing the growth potential of the market.
For instance, Switzerland’s LITRAX GmbH has done product innovation by launching 850 nm implant single-mode (SM) VCSEL and laser bundle products for applications requiring a reflected signal. This exemplifies the technical advances that have been made behind the scenes.
In 2016, the global smartphone sales reached more than 1.5 billion units. Demand for smartphones has increased, and the sales of PCs have declined. This shift has led to the creation of new dynamic and intricate electronics supply chains in Asia.
In 2016, China exported USD 107 billion worth of smartphones to the rest of the world, which was equivalent to 5% of the nation’s total exports. In South Korea, the leading supplier of smartphone components, semiconductor exports were 17% of total exports.
Similarly, at the peak of the cycle, components for smartphone production accounted for more than a third of total exports from Taiwan Province of China, 15% of exports from Singapore and South Korea, and 11% from Malaysia.
Finisar has expanded its Production Capacity related to VCSEL products in the new Texas Facility. The company is expected to use the site to increase its production capacity of VCSELs and related 3D Sensing technologies, used in a wide range of applications.
Key Topics Covered
1. Introduction 1.1. Key Study Deliverables 1.2. Market Definition 1.3. Study Assumptions
2. Research Methodology
3. Executive Summary
4. Vertical Cavity Surface Emitting Laser Market Insights 4.1. Vertical Cavity Surface Emitting Laser Market Overview 4.2. Porter’s Five Forces Analysis 4.3. Industry Value Chain Analysis 4.4. Industry Policies
5. Vertical Cavity Surface Emitting Laser Market Dynamics 5.1. Vertical Cavity Surface Emitting Laser Market Drivers 5.1.1. Increasing adoption of VCSEL in Data Centers 5.1.2. Increasing demand from Automotive Electronics 5.1.3. Growing Demand for Smartphones 5.2. Vertical Cavity Surface Emitting Laser Market Challenges 5.2.1. Lower penetration of InP VCSELs 5.2.2. Sustaining the rising demand for high-speed networks
6. Technology Snapshot
7. Global Vertical Cavity Surface Emitting Laser Market Segmentation 7.1. By Raw Material 7.1.1. Gallium Nitride 7.1.2. Gallium Arsenide 7.1.3. Indium Phosphide 7.1.4. Others 7.2. By End-user Type 7.2.1. Optical Fiber Data Transmission 7.2.2. Analog Broadband Signal Transmission Cement 7.2.3. Absorption Spectroscopy 7.2.4. Laser Printers 7.2.5. Computer Mouse 7.2.6. Biological Tissue Analysis 7.2.7. Chip Scale Atomic Clock 7.2.8. Others 7.3. By Region 7.3.1. North America Vertical Cavity Surface Emitting Laser Market (2018-2023) 7.3.2. Europe Vertical Cavity Surface Emitting Laser Market (2018-2023) 7.3.3. Asia-Pacific Vertical Cavity Surface Emitting Laser Market (2018-2023) 7.3.4. Latin America Vertical Cavity Surface Emitting Laser Market (2018-2023) 7.3.5. Middle East & Africa
8. Competitive Intelligence - Company Profiles 8.1. Alight Technologies ApS 8.2. Avago Technologies 8.3. Finisar Corporation 8.4. Philips Photonics 8.5. Litrax Technology Co. Ltd. 8.6. Sumitomo Electric Industries Ltd. 8.7. PD-LD Inc. 8.8. OECA GmbH 8.9. Sacher Lasertechnik GmbH 8.10. II-VI Laser Enterprise GmbH 8.11. Broadcom Inc. 8.12. Coherent Inc 8.13. Panasonic Corporation 8.14. Newport Corporation 8.15. Princeton Optronics Inc. 8.16. Lumentum Holdings Inc. *List Not Exhaustive
9. Investment Analysis
10. Future of Vertical Cavity Surface Emitting Laser Market
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/pv2rrh/global_vertical?w=4
View source version on businesswire.com:https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20181129005454/en/
Laura Wood, Senior Press Manager
For E.S.T Office Hours Call 1-917-300-0470
For U.S./CAN Toll Free Call 1-800-526-8630
For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900
INDUSTRY KEYWORD: TECHNOLOGY OTHER TECHNOLOGY
SOURCE: Research and Markets
Copyright Business Wire 2018.
PUB: 11/29/2018 09:44 AM/DISC: 11/29/2018 09:44 AM