The $2+ Billion Rabies Diagnostics Market by 2025: Global Size, Share & Trends Analysis Report by Diagnostic Methods (Fluorescent Antibody Test, Histologic, Serology) and Technology (ELISA, PCR) - ResearchAndMarkets.com
DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Feb 25, 2019--The “Rabies Diagnostics Market Size, Share & Trends Analysis Report By Diagnostic Methods (Fluorescent Antibody Test, Histologic, Serology), By Technology (ELISA, PCR), And Segment Forecasts, 2019 - 2025” report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com’s offering.
The global rabies diagnostics market size is expected to reach USD 2.03 billion by 2025 and is projected to expand at a CAGR of 4.1% during the forecast period.
Development of various diagnostic assays ranging from detection of virus presence to final confirmation of infection helps launch effective disease control programs. This factor is anticipated to drive the market growth. These assays aid in defining epidemiologic patterns of the disease and thereby deliver appropriate information for designing the control and eradication programs. These programs have boosted the market growth by increasing the rate at which testing kits are adopted.
For example, in June 2018, the World Health Organization (WHO), the World Organization for Animal Health (OIE), the Global Alliance for Rabies Control (GARC), and the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO) entered into a partnership for a plan, The United Against Rabies Collaboration. This plan aims for rabies prevention and management and empowering the under-served populations in afflicted countries.
Furthermore, the state and public health officials of the Department of Public Health and Human Services (DPHHS) along with the Department of Livestock of Montana, U.S., deal with awareness pertaining to the risk of virus exposure. They are engaged in training the population about various aspects of disease management including prevention, detection, and available treatment modes. Such initiatives are projected to create growth opportunities for the rabies diagnostics market during the forecast period.
Further key findings from the report suggest:
- Fluorescent Antibody Test (FAT) held the largest market share in terms of revenue owing to the high usage and recommendation by the WHO. Great specificity, as compared to other conventional tests such as serology and histology tests bodes well for the adoption of these tests
- Amplification methods are expected to supplant a major portion of conventional methods, primarily due to several advantages associated with the usage
- Currently, major products deploy ELISA/immunohistochemistry techniques, resulting into a larger revenue share of this segment
- High prevalence of the disease in India and China coupled with growing government support has contributed to the dominance of Asia market over other regions
- Since, most of the countries in Europe are designated as rabies free jurisdictions, the Europe market is anticipated to grow at the slowest pace over the forecast period
- Bio-Rad Laboratories, Inc., Merck KGaA, Aviva Systems Biology Corporation, and Creative Diagnostics are some of the key entities in the rabies testing market. The companies engage in developing products for rabies eradication programs.
Chapter 1 Executive Summary
1.1 Market Snapshot
Chapter 2 Research Methodology
2.1 Information Procurement
2.2 Data Analysis
2.3 Market Formulation & Validation
2.4 Approaches for Market Estimation
Chapter 3 Market Variables, Trends & Scope
3.1 Market Segmentation & Scope
3.1.1 Market driver analysis
220.127.116.11 High prevalence of rabies coupled with increase in number of dog bites
18.104.22.168 Supportive government initiatives & laws
22.214.171.124 Presence of research funding programs
3.1.2 Market restraint analysis
126.96.36.199 Lack of awareness about advanced technologies
188.8.131.52 High cost and result inconsistency associated with rabies diagnosis
3.2 Penetration & Growth Prospect Mapping For Method, 2017
3.3 Global Rabies Diagnostics Market-Swot Analysis, By Factor (Political & Legal, Economic And Technological)
3.4 Industry Analysis - Porter’s
Chapter 4 Global Rabies Diagnostics Market Categorization: Diagnostic Method Estimates & Trend Analysis
4.1 Global Rabies Diagnostics Market: Diagnostic Method Movement Analysis
4.2 Fluorescent antibody test (FAT)
4.3 Immunohistochemical Test
4.4 Amplification Methods
4.5 Histologic Examination
4.6 Serology Tests
Chapter 5 Global Rabies Diagnostics Market Categorization: Technology Estimates & Trend Analysis
5.1 Global Rabies Diagnostics Market: Technology Movement Analysis
5.3 Chromatography Techniques
5.5 Other Technologies
Chapter 6 Global Rabies Diagnostics Market Categorization: Regional Estimates & Trend Analysis, by Diagnostic Method and Technology
6.1 Global Rabies Diagnostics Market Share By Regional, 2017 & 2025
6.2 North America
6.4 Asia Pacific
6.5 Latin America
Chapter 7 Global Rabies Diagnostics Market: Competitive Landscape
7.1 Strategy Framework
7.2 Company Profiles
- Bio-Rad Laboratories Inc.
- Merck KGaA
- Aviva Systems Biology Corporation
- Creative Diagnostics
- Demeditec Diagnostics GmbH
- Abbexa Ltd.
- Norgen Biotek Corp.
- BioNote Inc.
- Express Biotech International Inc.
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/7rg4mq/the_2_billion?w=4
View source version on businesswire.com:https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20190225005689/en/
Laura Wood, Senior Press Manager
For E.S.T Office Hours Call 1-917-300-0470
For U.S./CAN Toll Free Call 1-800-526-8630
For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900
Related Topics:Infectious Disease Testing
INDUSTRY KEYWORD: HEALTH INFECTIOUS DISEASES MEDICAL SUPPLIES
SOURCE: Research and Markets
Copyright Business Wire 2019.
PUB: 02/25/2019 10:39 AM/DISC: 02/25/2019 10:39 AM