2018 Report: Walmart as an Omnichannel Competitor - ResearchAndMarkets.com
DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Sep 28, 2018--The “Walmart as Omnichannel Competitor” report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com’s offering.
The report views Walmart as better positioned than ever to grow along with e-commerce instead of fighting against it.
While in-store retail overall has suffered punishing blows, silver linings exist. Among them are in-store services, which play a role in building loyalty among customers, regardless of whether they buy online or in-store and the role physical retail locations play in building loyalty from the omnichannel purchaser. Both are Walmart strengths.
Walmart’s foray into dynamic pricing also has potential to boost sales. Assortment breadth and product costs will help determine which retailer ultimately succeeds in employing the technology. Meanwhile, omnichannel commerce, demographics, geography, assortment breadth, and brand expansion are converging to widen Walmart’s customer target, strengthening its competitive firepower.
This report assesses Walmart usage, products and services initiatives and competitive trends within the context of the broader retail market. It focuses on omnichannel (online, in-store, and aggregated) consumer purchasing trends over time, and includes analysis of click-and-collect, the click-and-collect connection to in-store purchasing, dynamic pricing, subscription, private label uptake, and store format trends. In each case, emphasis is placed on Walmart U.S. and Sam’s Club, with comparative metrics provided for other major retailers.
The report also places Walmart within the context of broader trends by providing an internet-only and omnichannel e-commerce forecast, as well as an Amazon e-commerce share forecast. It also assesses online and mobile purchasing trends, demographic shifts in purchasing, and shifts in in-store purchasing by retail category over time.
Companies FeaturedAmazon BJ’s Wholesale Club Costco Kmart Sam’s Club Target Walmart
Key Topics Covered1. Executive SummaryIntroductionRetailer Omni-Channel Sales and Usage TrendsWalmart U.S. Trends and InnovationSam’s Club Trends and InnovationMajor Retailers: Competitive Analysis
2. Walmart Inc.Largest Retailer in the World
3. Retailer Omni-Channel Sales and Usage TrendsE-Commerce Growth vs. Overall Retail Sales GrowthInternet-Only vs. Omni-Channel E-Commerce Sales GrowthAmazon Share of E-Commerce Sales Over TimeMore Consumers Purchasing Online and Making More Purchases OnlineOnline Purchasing Habits of Younger Adults Help Foretell the FutureHome Delivery Rules the RoostTable Use of Home Delivery: Adults Overall vs. Online Purchasers, 2018 (percent)Click-and-Collect Gains TractionLeading Click-and-Collect RetailersSubscription Services Take HoldDemographic Analysis
4. Walmart U.S.Performance TrendsWalmart Products and ServicesWalmart Trends and Innovation
5. Sam’s ClubRetailer Overview
6. Major Retailers: Competitive AnalysisUsage and Usage Frequency Trends
7. AppendixFor more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/lmcj6j/2018_report?w=4
View source version on businesswire.com:https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20180928005279/en/
Laura Wood, Senior Manager
For E.S.T Office Hours Call 1-917-300-0470
For U.S./CAN Toll Free Call 1-800-526-8630
For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900
INDUSTRY KEYWORD: ONLINE RETAIL RETAIL SUPERMARKET
SOURCE: Research and Markets
Copyright Business Wire 2018.
PUB: 09/28/2018 08:56 AM/DISC: 09/28/2018 08:56 AM