Millennial Nutrition Report - Examining Their Nutrient Needs & How Their Choice of Nutritional Products is Reshaping The Market - ResearchAndMarkets.com
DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--May 6, 2019--The “2018 Target Market Report on Millennial Nutrition” report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com’s offering.
Millennials often seek alternatives to dietary supplements given their preference to meet nutritional needs with foods and beverages. This report examines trends spurred on by Millennials and highlights the types of nutritionals’ favored by Millennials and the benefits and product attributes sought. These distinctions provide key insights into how nutritional product manufacturers can most successfully market to Millennials and capture the loyalty of this large generation.
This report will examine the following topics to describe how Millennials are reshaping the market for nutritional products:
- Nutrient needs and commitment to good nutrition
- Knowledge and confidence in their own ability to make good choices
- Nutrition motivators
- Trend in use of dietary supplements - multivitamins, probiotics, herbs, sports nutrition, etc.
- Usage details: number taken, forms, etc.
- Use of functional and fortified foods/beverages
- Purchase habits, including online shopping for nutritionals
- Clean label and fresh’ orientation
- Digital lifestyles and social media participation
- Nutritional attitudes that set Millennials apart from the older generation
The following topics will be examined among 18-34 year olds to examine how Millennials are reshaping the market.
MILLENNIAL MARKET SIZE & DYNAMICS
- Market size projections
- Millennial profile with regard to demographics, lifestyle, health, etc.
- Future outlook describing how Millennials are reshaping the market for dietary supplements and other nutritional products
NUTRIENT NEEDS & KNOWLEDGE
- Satisfaction with nutrient intake
- Level of effort to consume nutrients
- Preferred means of obtaining necessary nutrients
- Nutrients making strong effort to consume
- Nutrient shortfalls
- Knowledge of nutrients’ health benefits
- Consider diet sufficient for nutrition or believe supplements necessary (2007-2017)
VITAMINS & OTHER DIETARY SUPPLEMENTS
- Trends in vitamin/mineral use (2007-2017)
- Types of vitamins/minerals taken
- Health benefits sought from multivitamins
- Use of specialty supplements - probiotics, omega 3, whey protein, etc.
- Number of dietary supplements taken daily
- Use of and interest in vitamin packs and personalized vitamin subscription services
- Sports nutrition supplements: types taken; benefits sought
- Herbal supplements: types taken
- Use of beauty supplements for skin, hair, nails
- Brands favored by Millennials
- Use of supplements formulated for stage of life/health problems
- Preferred form of supplements
- Expectations for length of time necessary to take a supplement before seeing noticeable benefits
- Effort to consume functional foods/beverages
- Types of fortified and functional foods and beverages consumed
- Benefits sought in functional foods/beverages
- Confidence in functional foods to provide therapeutic benefit
PURCHASE HABITS: ONLINE & IN-STORE
- Retail outlets patronized for food and supplements
- Online shopping for supplements
CLEAN LABEL & FRESH ORIENTATION
- Frequency of reading labels
- Types of clean-label supplements purchase: organic, gluten-free, preservative-free, etc.
- Willingness to pay more for clean label supplements
- Clean label food consumption - organics, gluten-free, fair trade, GMO-free, etc.
- Product attributes most important to Millennials
- Commitment to fresh foods and efforts to avoid processed foods
- Vegetarian/flexitarian eating habits
- Reliance on internet for nutritional information
- Frequency of accessing social media
- Amount of time spent daily on digital devices and on social media
- Use of apps for tracking exercise/calories
NUTRITION MOTIVATORS & ATTITUDES
- Reasons for making effort at proper nutrition
- Types of supplements recommended by doctors
- Review of attitudes that set Millennials apart from older adults/supplement users
HEALTH & FITNESS
- Health problems and concerns of Millennials
- Stress level
- Obesity and dieting
- Frequency of exercising and reasons for exercise
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/7af9c8
View source version on businesswire.com:https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20190506005310/en/
Laura Wood, Senior Press Manager
For E.S.T Office Hours Call 1-917-300-0470
For U.S./CAN Toll Free Call 1-800-526-8630
For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900
Related Topics:Vitamins and Dietary Supplements
KEYWORD: UNITED STATES NORTH AMERICA
INDUSTRY KEYWORD: HEALTH FITNESS & NUTRITION
SOURCE: Research and Markets
Copyright Business Wire 2019.
PUB: 05/06/2019 05:42 AM/DISC: 05/06/2019 05:42 AM