Fintech for Seniors: It’s Just the Beginning - Rapidly Growing Population of Older Adults Represents Market Opportunity for Fintech Innovation in Financial Services - ResearchAndMarkets.com
DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Jun 14, 2018--The “Fintech for Seniors: It’s Just the Beginning” report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com’s offering.
This report addresses the market opportunity for financial technology innovation in products and services to serve the needs of the rapidly growing population of older adults or “seniors.”
There are now nearly 50 million residents over the age of 65 in the United States, a number the U.S. Census Bureau estimates will more than double by 2060. Increased longevity and continued growth in the senior population will require innovative solutions for the industries that target this segment.
Thus far, much financial technology (fintech) innovation for this population segment has been concentrated in healthcare and home automation, while innovation in banking and payments has been targeted more toward the Millennial generation.
There are some promising examples of fintech innovation for the senior market, particularly applications giving seniors more control over their finances and technology for financial protection.
Report HighlightsGrowing use of technology, with limits, by seniors Innovation in healthcare and aging in place Product design imperatives for the senior market-three themes Fintech innovation in the broad senior market Solutions targeting affluent and high-net-worth seniors Ecosystems and sustainable innovation in the older adult market Strategic implications for financial institutions and fintech providers
Companies MentionedAbaris Amazon Bank EverSafe Golden Guide Change Ready Set SilverBills Silverwealth TrueLink Financial U.S. Trust (Bank of America) Wells Fargo
Key Topics Covered
1. Executive Summary
2. IntroductionGrowing Use of Technology, with Limits Innovation in Other Sectors
3. Product Design Imperatives for the Senior Market
4. Essential Product and Service Design for Older Adults: Three ThemesTheme 1: Provide the Basics: Accessibility and Usability Theme 2: Incorporate the Core Values of Older Adults Theme 3: Focus on Outcomes and What’s in It for the Older User
5. Innovation in Healthcare and Aging in PlaceRising Healthcare Costs and Health Policies Are Driving Care into the Home
6. Fintech Innovation in the Broad Senior Market Is Starting to Ramp UpEverSafe Golden Ready, Set, Bank TrueLink Financial
7. Solutions Targeting Affluent and High-Net-Worth SeniorsWells Fargo Private Bank US Trust ElderCare Planning
8. Ecosystems and Sustainable Innovation in the Older Adult MarketAmazon Alexa
9. Strategic Implications for FIs and Fintech ProvidersThe Financial Institution as a Financial Partner Natural Language Interfaces as an Emerging Ecosystem
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/49zhtw/fintech_for?w=4
View source version on businesswire.com:https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20180614005760/en/
Laura Wood, Senior Manager
For E.S.T Office Hours Call 1-917-300-0470
For U.S./CAN Toll Free Call 1-800-526-8630
For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900
INDUSTRY KEYWORD: TECHNOLOGY SOFTWARE PROFESSIONAL SERVICES FINANCE
SOURCE: Research and Markets
Copyright Business Wire 2018.
PUB: 06/14/2018 11:07 AM/DISC: 06/14/2018 11:07 AM