Prosecutor: Charcoal caused death of woman, 3 children
SYRACUSE, N.Y. (AP) — A prosecutor says a burning charcoal grill caused the deaths of a woman and three children whose bodies were found in a car in upstate New York.
Onondaga County District Attorney William Fitzpatrick tells the Syracuse Post-Standard the apparent murder-suicide was caused by carbon monoxide poisoning from charcoal burning in the car’s trunk. Fitzpatrick says the children were 3, 7 and 8 years old.
Syracuse Police Chief Kenton Buckner says the driver of a tow truck called to remove an overdue ride-share car from a driveway Sunday afternoon discovered the dead woman and children inside and called 911.
Names of the victims have not been released.