Local college football player roundup: Campbell, Yeldell have big game for Blue Hose
Colby Campbell and Gyasi Yeldell had big games for Presbyterian on Saturday in a loss to Campbell. Yeldell, playing in the final home game of his college career, made seven tackles and two tackles for loss. He also forced two fumbles in the game.
Former South Aiken linebacker Colby Campbell made 14 tackles, a tackle for loss and also forced a fumble.
• Adam Allen — Former South Aiken T-Bred carried the ball three times for 1 yard in Charleston Southern’s win against Gardner-Webb.
• Rashad Byrd — The former North Augusta Yellow Jacket made eight tackles and two tackles for loss in Georgia Southern’s loss to Troy.
• Chad Gilchrist — Strom Thurmond High grad made three tackles in South Carolina State’s victory against FAMU.
• Tarron Jackson — Silver Bluff grad made four tackles in Coastal Carolina’s loss to Arkansas State.
• Deshun Kitchings — South Aiken grad caught six passes for 86 yards in Newberry’s loss to Mars Hill.
• Aaron Maddox — Former North Augusta Yellow Jacket made seven tackles and a tackle for loss in Colorado’s loss to Washington State.
• Willie McCloud — North Augusta grad ran for 43 yards on 10 carries in a Pikeville loss. He also returned three kickoffs for a total of 70 yards.
• Joe Mozone — The North Augusta product made three tackles in Valdosta State’s win against West Georgia. The Blazers finished the season 10-0 and will be the No. 1 seed in Super Region 2 in the postseason.
• Tyrece Nick — Former Strom Thurmond Rebel ran for 147 yards and three touchdowns and passed for 90 yards in South Carolina State’s victory against FAMU.
• Chris Roberts — South Aiken alum carried the ball 19 times for 45 yards and a touchdowns in the Lions’ victory. Roberts finished his freshman season as the Lions’ leading rusher with 374 yards on 102 carries. He scored four touchdowns.
• Bowen Smith — The South Aiken grad passed for 110 yards and a touchdown in Pikeville’s loss.