Carbon monoxide leak closes part of Mitchell’s Main Street
MITCHELL, S.D. (AP) — A carbon monoxide leak inside a tattoo shop prompted the temporary closure of a portion of Mitchell’s Main Street.
The Daily Republic reports that emergency responders and officials with NorthWestern Energy responded to Hardcore Inc. shortly before 4:30 p.m. Tuesday.
Fire Department Battalion Chief Steve Nedved says an unvented water heater in the building’s basement caused carbon monoxide to get sucked into a furnace.
Carbon monoxide is a potentially deadly gas. No one was inside the building at the time and no injuries were reported.
Information from: The Daily Republic, http://www.mitchellrepublic.com