United Kingdom Ambulatory Services Market Outlook to 2025 - Projected to Reach $176 Billion, Growing at a CAGR of 8.5% - ResearchAndMarkets.com
DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Mar 6, 2019--The “U.K. Ambulatory Services Market Analysis Report By Type (Primary Care Offices, Outpatient Departments, Emergency Departments, Surgical Specialty, Medical Specialty), And Segment Forecasts, 2018 - 2025” report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com’s offering.
The U.K. ambulatory services market size is expected to reach USD 176 billion by 2025, exhibiting an 8.5% CAGR during the forecast period.
More often than not, hospitalization proves to be expensive, reduces quality of life, and entails unnecessary use of resources. These resources can instead be utilized for patients in critical conditions. Rising concerns about avoidable expenditures and inefficient use of resources is driving the ambulatory services market in the country.
According to the Office for National Statistics, the U.K. population was 65.6 million in mid-2016, the highest ever in the country. It is projected to reach over 74 million by 2039. Around 18.0% of the population is aged 65 and above and 2.4% is aged 85 years and above. Owing to population explosion, the old age dependency ratio is increasing rapidly in the region. Increase in life span has resulted in greater burden of chronic diseases and rising fragility of people. This is expected to boost demand for ambulatory services in future.
The government is increasingly investing in primary healthcare facilities to enhance accessibility to medical care. Majority of the funding was intended for general physicians and emergency rooms to ease the pressure on accident and emergency departments. In December 2015, the NHS spent around USD 1.4 billion on General Practice (GP) buildings to transform primary care.
Technologically advanced minimally invasive surgeries and non-surgical procedures have reduced the duration of hospital stay. This helps save healthcare expenditure. For instance, the development of endoscopy and laparoscopic technology has reduced the need for longer hospital stay.
Further key findings from the report suggest:
- Private healthcare in U.K. is increasing owing to demographic changes, increase in healthcare spending, and rising support from NHS. Owing to this, U.K. has become a lucrative market for healthcare service providers
- In 2016, primary care offices accounted for the largest share in the market as they are the first point of contact between patients and healthcare professionals. Primary care is provided through in-person consultations at clinics as well as home visits for patients who are unable to travel
- The surgical specialty segment is expected to grow at the fastest rate during the forecast period as hospitals have started establishing separate same-day surgery centers where patients can be discharged on the same day post-surgery
- Increase in demand for minimally invasive surgeries is responsible for the incorporation of surgical specialty units. In addition, number of acquisitions of ambulatory surgical centers by hospitals is on a rise due to reimbursement benefits available for ambulatory centers
- The orthopedics segment accounted for the largest share within the surgical specialty segment and is expected to maintain its dominance during the forecast period. About 50.0% of trauma patients suffering from orthopedic injuries require follow-ups after discharge. Another factor propelling the segment is increasing demand for joint implants among the geriatric population
- Some of the key players operating in the market are Hospital Corporation of America (HCA) Management Services, L.P., Aspen Healthcare, Concordia Health, and Fresenius SE & Co. KGaA Healthcare Group.
Chapter 1 Research Methodology
1.1 Information Procurement
1.2 Data Analysis
Chapter 2 Executive Summary
2.1 Market Snapshot
Chapter 3 Market Variables, Trends& Scope
3.1 Market Segmentation and Scope
3.2 Market Driver Analysis
3.2.1 Impact of ageing population on the demand for ambulatory services
3.2.2 Increase in the incidence of chronic disease
3.2.3 Technological advancements and increase in demand for minimally invasive surgeries
3.3 Market Restraint Analysis
3.3.1 Difficulty in the effective management of ambulatory care
3.4 Penetration & Growth Prospects Mapping
3.5 Industry analysis - Porter’s
Chapter 4 U.K. Ambulatory Services Market: Type Estimates & Trend Analysis
4.1 U.K. Ambulatory Services Market: Type Movement Analysis
4.2 Primary Care Offices
4.3 Outpatient Departments
4.4 Emergency Departments
4.5 Surgical Specialty
4.6 Medical Specialty
Chapter 5 Competitive Landscape
5.1 Company Profiles
5.1.1 Hospital Corporation of America (HCA) Management Services
5.1.2 Aspen Healthcare
5.1.3 Concordia Health
5.1.4 Fresenius Kabi
5.1.5 AmSurg Corporation
5.1.6 Surgery Partners
5.1.8 IntegraMed America
5.1.9 NueHealth (Nueterra Healthcare)
5.1.10 Terveystalo Healthcare
5.1.11 Healthway Medical Group
5.1.12 Medical Facilities Corporation
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/g796pp/united_kingdom?w=4
View source version on businesswire.com:https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20190306005437/en/
Laura Wood, Senior Press Manager
For E.S.T Office Hours Call 1-917-300-0470
For U.S./CAN Toll Free Call 1-800-526-8630
For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900
Related Topics:Healthcare Services
KEYWORD: UNITED KINGDOM EUROPE
INDUSTRY KEYWORD: HEALTH HOSPITALS
SOURCE: Research and Markets
Copyright Business Wire 2019.
PUB: 03/06/2019 08:49 AM/DISC: 03/06/2019 08:49 AM