Online Retail in South Africa 2019: Online Retail Growth Speeds Up - ResearchAndMarkets.com
DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Dec 14, 2018--The “Online Retail in South Africa 2019” report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com’s offering.
Local online retail goes mainstream and is set to pass the R14-billion mark this year, marking 1.4% of total retail
Online retail in South Africa is due to pass the R14-billion mark in 2018 as e-commerce begins to go mainstream. This is a key finding of the Online Retail in South Africa 2019 study.
The 2018 figure, which represents 25% growth over 2017, comes as a surprise, given predictions that online retail growth would slow down to below 20% by 2018.
Forecasts have been beaten as a result of massive investments in online retail, aggressive marketing, and the rapid uptake of new shopping channels like mobile shopping and Instagram.
Further, most established online retailers have enhanced their digital presence, and refined their fulfilment models, while many traditional retailers are starting to see significant growth in their online offerings. It is not unusual to see growth rates of between 25% and 50% reported by individual online retailers, with slightly more tempered expectations for 2019 and 2020.
Key HighlightsOnline Retail Growth Speeds Up Growth in Apparel Accelerates China Rules Global Online Retail Customer Centricity Wins
1. Executive Summary
2. Online Retail Reaches 1.4% Of SA’s Total Retail
3. SA Online Retail Growth
4. Success Factors In Online Retail
5. Expansion & Tech Strategies for SA Online Retail
6. Payment Technologies
7. Retrospective of Online Retail In SA
8. The Digital Participation Curve
9. Survey of SA Online Retailers
10. Online Shopping Demographics In South Africa
11. User Demographics
12. Online Retail Attitudes
13. Attitudes To Online Shopping - By Gender, Race, Income, LSM, Geography
14. New Shopping Personas
15. China’s new Retail’ Wins The World
16. E-commerce - China vs the U.S.
17. Jack Ma’s New Retail
18. Customer Centricity - A Winning Strategy
19. Global Trends In E-commerce
20. E-commerce For Africa
21. Jumia - Africa’s Alibaba
22. In-Depth Online Retailer Interviews
23. Qualitative Retail Insights
24. SA’s Online Retailers of The Year
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/wgvg2c/online_retail_in?w=4
View source version on businesswire.com:https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20181214005216/en/
Laura Wood, Senior Press Manager
For E.S.T Office Hours Call 1-917-300-0470
For U.S./CAN Toll Free Call 1-800-526-8630
For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900
Related Topics:Electronic Retailing, Mail Order and Catalogs
KEYWORD: SOUTH AFRICA AFRICA
INDUSTRY KEYWORD: TECHNOLOGY ONLINE RETAIL INTERNET RETAIL
SOURCE: Research and Markets
Copyright Business Wire 2018.
PUB: 12/14/2018 08:05 AM/DISC: 12/14/2018 08:05 AM