2 indicted in death of Louisiana man who was dismembered
WALKER, La. (AP) — Two men have been indicted in connection with the death of a Louisiana man whose body parts had been stuffed inside of containers.
The Advocate reports 31-year-old Morgan Martin and 27-year-old Duane Bissell were indicted Tuesday. They are charged with second-degree murder.
Twenty-six-year-old Michael Neufeld had been missing for weeks when deputies found his body off of a road July 22. Autumn Payton, a spokeswoman for Livingston Parish District Attorney Scott Perrilloux, says Martin is accused of shooting Neufeld. Payton says Bissell is accused of cutting up the man.
Six other people have been arrested in connection with the case. One person, Nancy Logarbo, has pleaded not guilty. Payton says the other cases are under review.
It’s unclear if the accused have lawyers who could comment.
Information from: The Advocate, http://theadvocate.com