Pesticide applicator recertification workshop rescheduled
PIPESTONE, Minn. — The private pesticide applicator recertification workshop has been rescheduled for 12:30 to 4 p.m. Feb. 22 at Minnesota West Community and Technical College in Pipestone.
A number of other opportunities remain in southwestern Minnesota for those who need to renew private pesticide applicator certifications. These workshops, sponsored by University of Minnesota Extension, include a review of regulations and safety issues related to pesticide application, as well as provide the latest University research on integrated pest management.
Other workshops in southwestern Minnesota include:
• Feb 8, 12:30 to 4 p.m., at the American Legion in Montevideo.
• Feb 11, 12:30 to 4 p.m. at the Merit Center in Marshall.
• Feb 14, 9 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. at the Knights of Columbus hall in Fairmont.
• Feb 15, 12:30 to 4 p.m. at the American Legion in Jackson.
• Feb 19, 12:30 to 4 p.m. at Riverland Community College’s Lecture Hall in Albert Lea.
• Feb 26, 9 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. at the Worthington Event Center.
Registration will be at the door. Participants must bring a government-issued photo ID, such as a driver’s license or passport. Private Pesticide Applicator Certification cards also will assist in the registration process.
Attending a workshop renews certification for three years.