Topeka man burned in fire of van he was living in has died
TOPEKA, Kan. (AP) — Topeka fire officials say a man who was burned last week after using a space heater to stay warm in a van has died.
Fire Marshal Mike Martin reports 53-year-old Russell Dean Harris Sr. was living in the van when it caught fire last Wednesday.
Martin says Harris was able to escape the van but he suffered second- and third-degree burns.
The Topeka Capital-Journal reports Martin said an investigation found the fire was accidental and caused by a space heater.
The National Weather Service reports temperatures on Wednesday morning were around zero.
Information from: The Topeka (Kan.) Capital-Journal, http://www.cjonline.com