MEDIA ALERT: Racing to Meet the April 15th Tax Filing Deadline?
NEW YORK--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Apr 2, 2019--Every year, millions of taxpayers scramble to beat the clock at tax time. With the April 15 th income tax filing deadline approaching, Wolters Kluwer Tax & Accounting provides some last-minute tips for taxpayers still looking to file.
“With all of the changes on 2018 tax returns from the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act, taxpayers should not procrastinate too long in finalizing their 2018 tax returns,” said Mark Luscombe, JD, LLM, CPA and Principal Federal Tax Analyst for Wolters Kluwer Tax & Accounting. “If you have not already turned over your tax information to your tax professional, you may have to file an extension and shoot for October 15 th instead.”
Top Tax Tips for Last-Minute Filers
- Changes from Tax Cuts and Jobs Act: Taxpayers are more prone to make errors when there are new tax provisions, and there are many for 2018 tax returns from the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act, so review those changes very carefully
- Double-check paperwork: Avoid that letter from the IRS by asking about obvious problems on the tax return such as accurate Social Security numbers, math calculations, signatures, and addresses
- Seek out professional help: This tax filing season is particularly challenging with all the required forms changes from the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act – a professional can help filers navigate tax season complexities, but contacting a professional at the last minute may result in a need to file an extension in order for the tax professional to have time to prepare your return
- Take action to save taxes: Seek out additional ways to save on the 2018 tax return including contributions to a deductible IRA, a SEP IRA, or a Health Savings Account
- File on time or consider filing an extension: Either file a tax return by the April 15 deadline or file an extension on Form 4868 to avoid a failure-to-file penalty
About Wolters Kluwer Tax & Accounting
Wolters Kluwer Tax & Accounting is a leading provider of software solutions and local expertise that helps tax, accounting, and audit professionals research and navigate complex regulations, comply with legislation, manage their businesses and advise clients with speed, accuracy, and efficiency.
Wolters Kluwer Tax & Accounting is part of Wolters Kluwer (WKL), a global leader in professional information, software solutions, and services for the healthcare; tax and accounting; governance, risk and compliance; and legal and regulatory sectors. We help our customers make critical decisions every day by providing expert solutions that combine deep domain knowledge with advanced technology and services.
Wolters Kluwer reported 2018 annual revenues of €4.3 billion. The group serves customers in over 180 countries, maintains operations in over 40 countries, and employs approximately 19,000 people worldwide. The company is headquartered in Alphen aan den Rijn, the Netherlands.
Wolters Kluwer shares are listed on Euronext Amsterdam (WKL) and are included in the AEX and Euronext 100 indices. Wolters Kluwer has a sponsored Level 1 American Depositary Receipt (ADR) program. The ADRs are traded on the over-the-counter market in the U.S. (WTKWY).
View source version on businesswire.com:https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20190402005369/en/
CONTACT: Media Contact:
KEYWORD: UNITED STATES NORTH AMERICA NEW YORK
INDUSTRY KEYWORD: PROFESSIONAL SERVICES ACCOUNTING BANKING CONSULTING FINANCE LEGAL
SOURCE: Wolters Kluwer Tax & Accounting
Copyright Business Wire 2019.
PUB: 04/02/2019 08:00 AM/DISC: 04/02/2019 08:01 AM