DentaQuest Partnership for Oral Health Advancement Invests $6.1M in Oral Health Initiatives During First Quarter of 2019
BOSTON--(BUSINESS WIRE)--May 7, 2019--The DentaQuest Partnership for Oral Health Advancement (DentaQuest Partnership) today announced its investment of $6.1 million in 75 organizations across the U.S. dedicated to improving the oral health of all. Today’s announcement captures grants awarded in the first quarter of 2019, with additional funding to more organizations to be awarded later this year.
This press release features multimedia. View the full release here: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20190507005144/en/
DentaQuest Partnership for Oral Health Advancement Q1 2019 Grants by Focus Area (Graphic: Business Wire)
These grants focus on addressing policies and perceptions that perpetuate poor oral health outcomes and lead to significant health disparities, a reflection of DentaQuest’s belief that the oral health system in the U.S. is fundamentally broken, but can be fixed through a collaborative, multi-stakeholder approach. Many of the grants support work to improve the public perception of oral health and provide families and individuals of all ages, races and socio-economic backgrounds with new ways to access care, manage their health and connect with community resources. Additional grants awarded fund advocacy efforts to support the integration of oral health within overall health, and the inclusion of an adult dental benefit in Medicaid and Medicare.
The first quarter grants include investments in the following areas:
- Emphasizing the importance of oral health to overall health;
- Integrating oral health into person-centered health care, by focusing on the adoption of health care models that improve outcomes and reduce costs;
- Including an adult dental benefit in publicly funded health coverage;
- Eradicating dental disease in children and;
- Incorporating oral health into the primary education system.
These are the areas that have the greatest potential for driving systems change – a top priority of the DentaQuest Partnership’s grantmaking strategy. The grants are in addition to the organization’s long-standing and significant infrastructure support for the Oral Health Progress and Equity Network, which includes more than 1700 changemakers at the local, state, and national levels, and its support of free dental clinic programs for underserved populations.
“Good health starts in your mouth, but too many people are left behind by the broken oral health care system, making Americans less healthy overall,” said Alison Corcoran, President of the DentaQuest Partnership. “We’re leading a revolution to redefine prevention and care, and our grants program is a critical piece of that work. Through our work with grantees, we can help address the real issues people all across the country face every day and change the way they interact with and experience the oral health system. Our many partners are driving this transformation at the local, state and national levels in pursuit of our common mission – to improve the oral health of all.”
In the first quarter of 2019, the DentaQuest Partnership made investments in the following organizations:
- Alaska: Alaska Primary Care Association
- Arizona: Native American Connections, Arizona Oral Health Coalition and the Arizona Alliance for Community Health Centers
- California: Family Health Centers of San Diego, American Academy of Cariology, Vision y Compromiso, Tides Centers/Latino Coalition for a Healthy California, Central Valley Health Policy Institute-California State University Fresno Foundation, Asian Americans Advancing Justice – Los Angeles, California Pan-Ethnic Health Network, Los Angeles Trust for Children’s Health, The Children’s Partnership, and the California Primary Care Association
- Colorado: National Network for Oral Health Access, Oral Health Colorado, and National Conference of State Legislatures
- Washington D.C.: Center for Medicare Advocacy, School-Based Health Alliance, Children’s Dental Health Project, and Families USA
- Florida: Florida Dental Association Foundation, Light of the World Charities, Florida Voices for Health, Catalyst Miami, and the Florida Institute for Health Innovation
- Georgia: Georgia Association for Primary Health
- Hawaii: Hawaii Children’s Action Network
- Illinois: American Academy of Pediatrics, Illinois Primary Health Care Association, and the Oral Health Forum
- Iowa: Iowa Primary Care Association
- Kansas: American Network of Oral Health Coalitions, Community Care Network of Kansas, and Oral Health Kansas
- Kentucky: Kentucky Youth Advocates
- Maine: Center for Health Policy Development
- Maryland: National Dental Association, the National Association of Community Health Centers, and the Maryland Dental Action Coalition
- Massachusetts: Trustees of Boston University, BU Medical Center; Community Servings, Harvard School of Dental Medicine, Health Care For All, Massachusetts League of Community Health Centers, and RIZE Massachusetts
- Michigan: United Health Organization, Michigan Oral Health Coalition, and the Michigan Primary Care Association
- Mississippi: Community Health Center Organization of Mississippi
- Missouri: Missouri Coalition for Oral Health
- New Hampshire: Bi-State Primary Care Association and the New Hampshire Public Health Association
- New Jersey: NJ Chapter of the American Academy of Pediatrics
- New Mexico: New Mexico Dental Association Foundation
- North Carolina: Youth Empowered Solutions (YES!)
- Ohio: Ohio Association of Community Health Centers and the HealthPath Foundation of Ohio
- Pennsylvania: ACHIEVA/The Arc of Greater Pittsburgh, Berks County Community Foundation, Pennsylvania Association of Community Health Centers, and Pennsylvania Chapter of the American Academy of Pediatrics
- Tennessee: West Tennessee Healthcare Foundation, Memphis Dental Society Charitable Fund, and Tennessee Primary Care Association
- Texas: Coalition of Texans with Disabilities
- Virginia: Virginia Dental Association Foundation, Smart Beginnings Virginia Peninsula, and Virginia Oral Health Coalition
- Washington: Arcora Foundation
DentaQuest is a purpose-driven oral health care company that is dedicated to advancing oral health for all. We bring a uniquely holistic perspective to our work – as we manage dental and vision benefits for more than 27 million Americans and provide direct care to patients through our network of more than 85 oral health centers in five states. DentaQuest provides flexible and customized dental solutions for Medicaid and CHIP, Medicare Advantage, small and large businesses and individuals throughout the U.S. Our clients range from state governments to leading health plans. At DentaQuest, we believe that business performance and social impact go hand-in-hand, and we have provided more than $200 million in funding for research, grants, and programs to advance oral health in communities across the country. Our mission is bold – our commitment is strong. By advancing oral health for everyone, we will achieve better health for all. Welcome to Preventistry.
To learn more about DentaQuest and Preventistry, visit Preventistry.org, and follow us on social: Twitter @DentaQuest, Facebook www.facebook.com/DentaQuest, Instagram @Inside_DentaQuest, and LinkedIn www.linkedin.com/company/DentaQuest.
About the DentaQuest Partnership for Oral Health Advancement
The DentaQuest Partnership for Oral Health Advancement is a nonprofit part of the DentaQuest family of organizations that is focused on strategic grantmaking, contributing to evidence-based care, and developing person-centered care programs. To learn more, visit dentaquestpartnership.org.
View source version on businesswire.com:https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20190507005144/en/
CONTACT: Thomas O’Rourke, Head of Corporate Communications
KEYWORD: UNITED STATES NORTH AMERICA MASSACHUSETTS
INDUSTRY KEYWORD: PRACTICE MANAGEMENT HEALTH DENTAL PHILANTHROPY OTHER PHILANTHROPY MANAGED CARE
SOURCE: DentaQuest Partnership
Copyright Business Wire 2019.
PUB: 05/07/2019 09:00 AM/DISC: 05/07/2019 09:01 AM