AP NEWS
Related topics

Electric malfunction to blame for Ashburnham fire

September 29, 2014

ASHBURNHAM, Mass. (AP) — Investigators say an electrical malfunction is to blame for a four-alarm fire at an Ashburnham home that took the life of an 88-year-old woman.

A woman and two children who lived in the home were injured but escaped alive.

The fire was reported at about 6 p.m. Friday.

The state Fire Marshal’s office says the blaze was caused by an electrical outlet with a power strip plugged into in a child’s bedroom.

The home is a complete loss.

Authorities have not released the name of the victim.

Several efforts are underway in town to help the victims.

AP RADIO
Update hourly