Smoke damage: Smoldering fire ruins storage house
SHERMAN TWP. — The fire departments of Custer, Fountain and Branch responded to a house fire Friday evening at 2507 N. Reek Road in Sherman Township.
There were no injuries.
No one lived in the house, which had a bedroom and bathroom, and the building was being used for storage.
The house that caught fire was small and nearby to another home on the same property, in which residents did live.
“There was no flames. It was all smoke. It was starving for oxygen inside, but it was smoldering big time,” said Fountain Fire Chief Roger Berndt. “They could see the smoke from Custer.”
To read the full story, check out the print or E-edition of Saturday’s Ludington Daily News.
Coverage of this story will continue as information becomes available.