Fire suppression malfunction closes Huntington High School

September 19, 2018

HUNTINGTON - Huntington High School will reopen Tuesday after a malfunctioning fire suppression device in the school’s kitchen caused school to be canceled for students Monday.

Water from the malfunction, which occurred in the early morning prior to the school day, made it so the cafeteria could not prepare meals for students that day, said Jedd Flowers, director of communications for Cabell County School. Employees remained on school grounds.

Maintenance crews have cleaned the water and the school will operate on a regular schedule Tuesday, Sept. 18.

-The Herald-Dispatch

Update hourly