CMHS classes again disrupted by smoke
ONA — Students at Cabell Midland High School resumed classes Monday after the school was evacuated early in the morning when smoke filled the second floor of the building. Cabell County 911 was contacted just after 8:30 a.m. Monday about the smoke, and students were evacuated immediately.
The smoke was found to be coming from an HVAC unit inside the school and no fire was found, according to Cabell County Schools spokesman Jedd Flowers. Firefighters started to air out the building shortly after discovering the problem, and students returned to their classes within the hour.
Monday’s incident marks the second time in November firefighters have been called to the school. Students were dismissed early on Nov. 1 due to smoke issues after an oven fire in the school’s food prep classroom.