Fantasy Football: Week 1 QB rankings
There’s as much QB depth in fantasy football this season as we’ve seen in years. There’s also almost certainly as much early-season volatility.
Unless you drafted Drew Brees, chances are your fantasy QB1 will be adjusting to one or more of the following: new scheme, return from injury, return from a minute sample size or assimilating to a new supporting cast.
What does it mean for early-season roster decisions? Most likely you’ll just have to grin and bear it, as you’re not sitting Cam Newton (new offense), Deshaun Watson (new offense and surgically repaired knee), Kirk Cousins (new team) and the like.
But we certainly did attempt to take the uncertainty into account, perhaps nowhere more than in ranking Andrew Luck, who, if it were three years ago, might be our QB1 overall. Alas, a lot has changed and, even though he’s only 28 and opens at home in a potential shootout, we think a cautious approach early is needed after a yearlong layoff.
1. Aaron Rodgers, Packers vs. Bears
2. Drew Brees, Saints vs. Buccaneers
3. Philip Rivers, Chargers vs. Chiefs
4. Cam Newton, Panthers vs. Cowboys
5. Tom Brady, Patriots vs. Texans
6. Russell Wilson, Seahawks at Broncos
7. Deshaun Watson, Texans at Patriots
8. Kirk Cousins, Vikings vs. 49ers
9. Matthew Stafford, Lions vs. Jets
10. Jared Goff, Rams at Raiders
11. Andy Dalton, Bengals at Colts
12. Matt Ryan, Falcons at Eagles
13. Ben Roethlisberger, Steelers at Browns
14. Marcus Mariota, Titans at Dolphins
15. Patrick Mahomes, Chiefs at Chargers
16. Tyrod Taylor, Browns vs. Steelers
17. Andrew Luck, Colts vs. Bengals
18. Dak Prescott, Cowboys at Panthers
19. Jimmy Garoppolo, 49ers at Vikings
20. Derek Carr, Raiders vs. Rams
21. Case Keenum, Broncos vs. Seahawks
22. Alex Smith, Washington at Cardinals
23. Nick Foles, Eagles vs. Falcons
24. Blake Bortles, Jaguars at Giants
25. Sam Bradford, Cardinals vs. Washington