AP NEWS
Related topics

Judge sides with foundation in fight over billionaire estate

June 17, 2019

SAN DIEGO (AP) — Three years after San Diego philanthropist Conrad Prebys’ death, money that was supposed to be dispersed through his foundation remains tied up in litigation.

The San Diego Union-Tribune reports Monday that a judge has again dismissed a lawsuit from Prebys’ domestic partner Debra Turner.

Turner had sued another executor, Laurie Anne Victoria, and the Conrad Prebys Foundation over a 2016 decision to give $15 million to Prebys’ son, Eric.

Eric Prebys had been left nothing and was threatening to contest his father’s will in court. Victoria said settling with Eric Prebys was the only way to avoid the cost of a legal fight.

The newspaper says the judge decided Turner lacks legal standing to pursue her suit because she is no longer a member of the foundation’s board of directors. Her term expired in late 2017.

All contents © copyright 2019 The Associated Press. All rights reserved.