Asia-Pacific Life & Annuity Insurance Market Analysis & Outlook, 2019-2024 - Mid-Size to Smaller Companies are Increasing Their Market Presence by Securing New Contracts and by Tapping New Markets - ResearchAndMarkets.com
DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Mar 22, 2019--The “Asia-Pacific Life & Annuity Insurance Market - Growth, Trends, and Forecast (2019 - 2024)” report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com’s offering.
Economic growth in Asia-Pacific economies is expected to be moderate, but continue growing. Also, the ageing populations are expected to support the growing demand for long-term investment, health and retirement coverage.
Premium growth in Asia-Pacific is moderating, as insurers are shifting to protection and investment policies, with profit-sharing features, and away from short-term interest-sensitive products.
For life insurance, asset risk is rising due to increasing allocations to higher-yielding non-traditional assets and widening currency mismatches. In the area of regulation, tightening requirements for capital and asset liability management could strengthen the industry’s capacity to absorb sudden changes.
Key Market Trends
Growing Asia-Pacific Life Insurance Market
- The life insurance is the largest segment of the life insurance market in Asia-Pacific, accounting for 80% of the market’s total value.
- The pension/annuity segment accounts for the remaining 20% of the market.
- The number and the amount of new policies for individual annuity insurance were 2.08 million and JPY 11.644 trillion, respectively, increasing both in number and in amount from the previous year.
- In all the new policies for individual annuity insurance, the number of fixed individual annuity insurance was JPY 1.93 million, and that of variable individual annuity insurance was JPY 0.13 million in 2015, with fixed individual annuity insurance increasing for the first time in these years.
- In all the new policies for individual annuity insurance, the amount of fixed individual annuity insurance was JPY 10,336 billion, and that of variable individual annuity insurance was JPY 757 billion.
The report covers major international players operating in the Asia-Pacific life & annuity insurance market. In terms of market share, few of the major players currently dominate the market. However, with technological advancement and product innovation, mid-size to smaller companies are increasing their market presence by securing new contracts and by tapping new markets.
Key Topics Covered
1.1 Study Deliverables
1.2 Study Assumptions
1.3 Scope of the Study
2 Research Methodology
3 Executive Summary
4 Market Overview & Dynamics
4.5 Distribution Channels
5 Market Segmentation
5.1 Individual Insurance
5.2 Annuity Insurance
5.3 Endowment Insurance
5.4 Juvenile Insurance
5.5 Whole Life Insurance
5.6 Medical Insurance
6 Company Profiles
6.1 Nippon Life Insurance Company
6.2 AIA Group
6.3 Aviva Ltd.
6.4 Life Insurance Corporation of India (LIC)
6.5 AMP Life Limited
6.6 Hong Leong Assurance Berhad
6.7 China Life Insurance Company
6.8 Samsung Life Insurance
6.9 Muang Thai Life Assurance Public Co. Ltd.
6.10 Sun Life of Canada (Philippines) Inc.
6.11 Other Companies
7 Investment Analysis
8 Future of the Asia-Pacific Life & Annuity Insurance Market
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/gm7htd/asiapacific_life?w=4
View source version on businesswire.com:https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20190322005216/en/
Laura Wood, Senior Press Manager
For E.S.T Office Hours Call 1-917-300-0470
For U.S./CAN Toll Free Call 1-800-526-8630
For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900
KEYWORD: ASIA PACIFIC
INDUSTRY KEYWORD: PROFESSIONAL SERVICES INSURANCE
SOURCE: Research and Markets
Copyright Business Wire 2019.
PUB: 03/22/2019 08:55 AM/DISC: 03/22/2019 08:55 AM