Avaya Publishes 2018 Corporate Responsibility Report
SANTA CLARA, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Apr 2, 2019--Avaya today released its annual Corporate Responsibility Report, illustrating the company’s key achievements in 2018 for making a positive difference in the world through its employees, technology, customers and supply chain.
“We take great pride in our history – while our mission, vision and continued success are firmly rooted in looking towards the future,” said Jim Chirico, Avaya President and CEO. “This includes our obligation to ensure that this future is sustainable. The breadth of Avaya’s sustainability efforts this year is unparalleled, driven by incredible Avayans who champion community, diversity and positive environmental change and continue to push the limits of possibility.”
Highlights of the report include:
- Continued progress in proactive efforts to mitigate climate change, including exceeding the goal to reduce Scope 1 and Scope 2 carbon emissions and achieve a cumulative 40% reduction from 2014 baselines.
- Improving sustainability by minimizing the environmental impact of the company’s solutions and services and exploring ways to eliminate single-use plastic packaging.
- Avaya employees and partners mobilized to create a healthier planet through education, awareness and volunteer efforts.
- The company enhanced opportunities to develop cultural connections globally with the launch of unique talent exchange and education programs.
- Raising nearly $175,000 during the company’s annual Month of Giving through donations, fundraising activities and volunteering, all to benefit charities worldwide. These charities help fund emergency relief to underserved areas and continuing education for child refugees, among many other worthy causes. Avaya and its employees have donated over $2.5 million to charities since 2015.
Avaya’s FY2018 Corporate Responsibility Report not only provides insight into the impact its employees have made but also offers a glimpse into the unique perspectives of some of those who went above and beyond.
- Learn more about Corporate Social Responsibility at Avaya
- Read the 2018 Corporate Responsibility Report here
- Read our blogs about Avaya’s Month of Giving:
Businesses are built on the experiences they provide, and every day millions of those experiences are built by Avaya (NYSE: AVYA). For over one hundred years, we’ve enabled organizations around the globe to win – by creating intelligent communications experiences for customers and employees. Avaya builds open, converged and innovative solutions to enhance and simplify communications and collaboration – in the cloud, on-premise or a hybrid of both. To grow your business, we’re committed to innovation, partnership, and a relentless focus on what’s next. We’re the technology company you trust to help you deliver Experiences that Matter. Visit us at www.avaya.com.
View source version on businesswire.com:https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20190402005278/en/
CONTACT: Alex Alias
KEYWORD: UNITED STATES NORTH AMERICA CALIFORNIA
INDUSTRY KEYWORD: TECHNOLOGY INTERNET NETWORKS SOFTWARE TELECOMMUNICATIONS VOIP
Copyright Business Wire 2019.
PUB: 04/02/2019 08:00 AM/DISC: 04/02/2019 08:01 AM