Opportunities in the Asia-Pacific Skincare Sector, 2019: Analysis & Forecast 2018-2023 - Top 5 Players are L’Oreal, KOSE, Shiseido, Amorepacific, and P&G - ResearchAndMarkets.com
DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--May 20, 2019--
The “Opportunities in the Asia-Pacific Skincare Sector: Analysis of Opportunities Offered by High growth Economies” report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com’s offering.
Opportunities in the Asia-Pacific Skincare Sector brings together multiple data sources to provide a comprehensive overview of the skincare sector in the region.
The Asia-Pacific skincare sector, accounting for 54.7% share of the global market, was valued at US$70,826.3 million in 2018 and is forecast to reach US$99,545.9 million by 2023, growing at a CAGR of 7% during 2018-2023.
Of all the categories, facial care held the largest share, accounting for 91.7% of total value sales in 2018, while body care, the second largest category, held a value share of 4.5%. With a projected CAGR of 7.2% during 2018-2023, the hand care category is set to record the fastest growth among all skincare categories in Asia-Pacific.
Hong Kong, China, South Korea, and Singapore emerged as the high potential counties for skincare products in the Asia-Pacific region. China, accounting for a market value of US$35,513.7 million, is set to record the fastest CAGR of 8.3% in the Asia-Pacific region during 2018-2023. The Asia-Pacific skincare sector is competitive with the top five companies - L’Oreal, KOSE Corporation, Shiseido Company, Limited, Amorepacific Corporation, and Procter & Gamble - accounting for a combined 29.2% value share in 2018.
Hypermarkets & supermarkets as a channel accounted for 21.8% of total value sales of skincare products in Asia-Pacific, while direct sellers recorded 15.9% value share in the same year. Among the high potential countries in the region, hypermarkets & supermarkets held the highest share of distribution in China, with 20.3% share of total sales.
As for packaging formats, rigid plastics accounted for the largest share of package materials in the Asia-Pacific skincare sector with a volume share of 43.9% followed by flexible packaging with a volume share of 40.2% in 2018.
- Sector overview: Provides overview of the sector size, value and volume growth analysis, across regions
- Change in consumption: Analysis on the shift in consumption of skincare categories across the key countries in the region.
- High potential countries: Provides Risk-Reward analysis of top 4 high potential countries in the region based on market assessment, economic development, socio-demographic, governance indicators, and technological infrastructure
- Country analysis: Provides deep-dive analysis of high potential countries covering value growth during 2018-2023, key challenges, consumer demographics, and key trends supported with product examples. It also includes analysis of the key challenges faced and future outlook for the region.
- Brand analysis: Provides an overview of leading brands in the region, besides analyzing the growth of Private Label products in the region.
- Key distribution channels: Provides analysis on the leading distribution channels for skincare across the key countries in the region, in 2018. It covers these distribution channels - health & beauty stores, hypermarkets & supermarkets, food & drinks specialists, convenience stores, department stores and others, which includes cash & carries & warehouse clubs and vending machines and other retailers.
- Preferred packaging formats: The report provides percentage share (in 2018) and growth analysis (during 2013-2023) for various packaging materials, container, closure, and outer types based on the volume sales (units) of skincare products.
Reasons to Buy
- Manufacturing and retailers seek latest information on how the market is evolving to formulate their sales and marketing strategies. There is also demand for authentic market data with a high level of detail. This report has been created to provide its readers with up-to-date information and analysis to uncover emerging opportunities of growth within the sector in the region
- The report provides a detailed analysis of the countries in the region, covering the key challenges, competitive landscape and demographic analysis , that can help companies gain insight into the country specific nuances
- The analysts have also placed a significant emphasis on the key trends that drive consumer choice and the future opportunities that can be explored in the region, than can help companies in revenue expansion
- To gain competitive intelligence about leading brands in the sector in the region with information about their market share and growth rates
- L’Oreal S.A.
- Coty Inc.
- Avon Products Inc.
- Oriflame Cosmetics S.A.
- Yves Rocher International
- Chanel S.A.
- LVMH Moet Hennessy - Louis Vuitton
- Mary Kay Inc.
- The Estee Lauder Companies Inc.
- Vivienne Cosmetics AG
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/4fo5h7
View source version on businesswire.com:https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20190520005572/en/
Laura Wood, Senior Press Manager
For E.S.T Office Hours Call 1-917-300-0470
For U.S./CAN Toll Free Call 1-800-526-8630
For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900
Related Topics:Skin Care Products
KEYWORD: ASIA PACIFIC
INDUSTRY KEYWORD: RETAIL COSMETICS
SOURCE: Research and Markets
Copyright Business Wire 2019.
PUB: 05/20/2019 11:41 AM/DISC: 05/20/2019 11:41 AM