STAMFORD, Conn. (AP) — The Boy Scouts of America is facing another lawsuit out of Connecticut, this time from people who say the organization should have done more to stop a former scoutmaster from allegedly molesting boys in the 1970s.

The lawsuit filed last week says the organization should not have allowed the Stamford scoutmaster to be alone with the victims for hours at a time. It also claims the organization failed to conduct a background check on the scoutmaster.

The organization said in a statement to the Connecticut Law Tribune Friday they are "outraged" that scouts were abused and they "sincerely apologize to victims and their families."

Attorney Brooke Goff, who is representing the victims, previously represented former Boy Scouts who sued a Ridgefield scout leader over alleged abuse.