AP NEWS

Minatare firefighters respond to garage fire

October 1, 2018

Minatare firefighters responded to a blaze at a residence Sunday evening. Firefighters were called

The firefighters were called to the residence about or shortly after 5:30 p.m., to a report of garage fire. A resident reported the fire had engulfed contents of the garage.

The home is rented by Ashley and Steven Suhr. The couple said they were home with their dogs and children when Steven Suhr said he had ignited a five-gallon wood burning stove in the northwest corner of the garage as he was in the process of winterizing the mowers when he noticed smoke. The couple evacuated their home as they waited for emergency personnel to arrive.

When firefighters arrived on scene, a firefighter told the Star-Herald, they noticed smoke coming out of the garage and and extinguished the blaze.

The Minatare-Melbeta Fire Department is on scene, investigating, as of this report. The home does not appear to have any damages.

AP RADIO
Update hourly