AP NEWS

Fire causes $20K in damage to Sycamore home

August 2, 2018

SYCAMORE – A fire that started at an electrical outlet caused $20,000 in damage to a Sycamore home and its contents Wednesday night, according to a news release from the Sycamore Fire Department.

The release says firefighters responded just after 6 p.m. to 1515 Brickville Road, where smoke from an outlet on the second floor was filling the house. Crews got the fire under control in about 20 minutes and stayed on site to do overhaul, according to the release.

The fire remains under investigation, but there were no injuries, and departments from DeKalb, Elburn, Genoa, Cortland, Hampshire and Burlington assisted, as did DeKalb County sheriff’s deputies.

AP RADIO
Update hourly