Luminary Releases 33 New Premium Podcast Episodes
NEW YORK--(BUSINESS WIRE)--May 13, 2019--Luminary, a podcast technology and content company, announced 33 new podcast episodes available on its premium content network. Luminary is a free podcast app and premium subscription content network, where Luminary Premium subscribers will have access to more than 40 podcasts from some of the most recognizable voices in podcasting, legendary entertainers, and diverse and emerging voices.
The week’s newest episodes cover leadership, news and politics, scripted storytelling, female empowerment, and much more.
1. Sincerely, Xfrom TED with Sarah Kay: Bringing its second season to Luminary with new host Sarah Kay, TED’s Sincerely, X provides a space to share powerful ideas anonymously. This week, Sarah tells the story of an adoptive mother who learns a dark secret about her daughter’s paternity through an at-home DNA test. (Monday, 5/13)
2. Anthem: Homunculus: The next two episodes of John Cameron Mitchell and Bryan Weller ’s Anthem -- including appearances by Cynthia Erivo and Denis O’Hare -- debuts on Monday. ( Monday, 5/13)
3. Note to Self: Your guide to an accelerating world, with Manoush Zomorodi, from WNYC. This week Manoush and her guest, Maryanne Wolf, discuss the implications reading on a screen has on our ability to reach deep levels of comprehension. (Monday, 5/13)
4. Wisdom from the Topfrom Guy Raz, best known for How I Built This, is the first person to have three podcasts on the top 20 chart. This week, Guy Raz interviews Best Buy’s CEO, Hubert Joly on how he turned the company around. (Tuesday, 5/14)
5. Now What? w/ Arian Foster: Arian interviews “Destiny” (aka Steven Kenneth Bonnell II) - a controversial gamer with a popular channel on Twitch, where he is known for his political commentary during game play. (Tuesday, 5/14)
6. Celeste & Her Best with Celeste Barber: On this week’s episode, Celeste chats it up with fellow comedian Tiffany Haddish, covering all of life’s topics from men, to movies, growing up, and her rise to fame after Girls Trip. (Tuesday, 5/14)
7. Hear to Slaywith Roxane Gay & Tressie McMillan Cottom:Hear to Slay is a new podcast that elevates black female voice, and this week, Roxane and Tressie interview potential 2020 presidential candidate Stacey Abrams. (Tuesday, 5/14)
8. LGBTQ&A from The Advocate magazine, hosted by Jeffrey Masters . This week, Jeffrey interviews Ryan O’Connell, writer-creator and star of Netflix’s show Special where they talk about disability representation and why society shouldn’t be afraid to talk about sex workers. (Tuesday, 5/14)
9. On Second Thoughtwith Trevor Noah. In Trevor’s newest episode he breaks down K-12 education with guest Pedro Noguera, a Distinguished Professor of Education at the Graduate School of Education and Information Studies and Faculty Director for the Center for the Transformation of Schools. (Wednesday, 5/15)
10. Players’ Tribune: The Podcast: The Players’ Tribune disrupts the conventional approach to athlete stories and now, TPT’s groundbreaking approach to storytelling is making its mark on podcasting. On this week’s episode, actor Tyler James Williams reads T.J. Ford’s piece, “I Can’t Feel My Body.” (Wednesday, 5/15)
11. The Ten from The Advocate: Editor-in-Chief, Zach Stafford, dives deep into the Equality Act this week and is joined by longtime Advocate staffer Trudy Ring who is an expert on the legislation. Trudy takes Zach through the history of the act and why a failure of the act may turn out to be positive for the community after all. (Thursday, 5/16)
12. Poeticshosted by Omari Hardwick: This week Omari and his guest, rapper Dave East, talk about their shared experiences of turning dashed pro sports dreams into successful artistic careers. The two discuss the rappers’ upbringing in Harlem, family tragedy, and using their talent for storytelling to escape a cycle of poverty. (Thursday, 5/16)
13. The Rewatchables 1999: Featuring The Ringer’s Bill Simmons and a rotating cast from The Ringer universe, the group dissects one of the greatest romantic comedies of all time, Notting Hill, starting Julia Roberts and Hugh Grant. (Thursday, 5/16)
14. The C-Word with Lena Dunham and Alissa Bennett: This week, Lena and Alissa reexamine the time Robin Givens was called the most hated woman in America during her 1989 divorce from Mike Tyson. Together, they discuss the way the media tends to blame women in high-profile divorces. (Friday, 5/18)
Additional episodes releasing this week include:
1. Roads and Kingdoms’ The Trip, Monday, 5/13
2. The Passion Economy fromAdam Davidson, Monday, 5/13
3. I AM RAPAPORT: STEREO PODCAST, Tuesday, 5/14 and Friday, 5/17
4. Karamo, Wednesday, 5/15
5. Hollywood & Crimefrom Wondery, Wednesday, 5/15
6. The AM Archivesfrom Lauren Shippen, Wednesday, 5/15
7. Stoop Talks withLeila Day and Hana Baba, Friday, 5/17
8. Guys We F****dfrom Corinne Fisher and Krystyna Hutchinson , Friday, 5/17
9. Handsome Rambler:Hannibal Burress, Friday, 5/17
10. Locked Up Abroadfrom Wondery, Saturday, 5/18
11. Love and Radiowith Nick van der Kolk, Saturday, 5/18
12. Under the Skinwith Russell Brand, Saturday, 5/18
13. Deep Backgroundwith Noah Feldman, Sunday, 5/19
14. Telephone Stories, Sunday, 5/19
Luminary offers all listeners a one-month free trial of Luminary Premium, with a monthly subscription of $7.99 following the first month for U.S. subscribers. The free Luminary app is also available to download for listeners in Canada (CA$8.49/month), the U.K. (£6.99/month) and Australia (AU$7.99/month), also with a one-month free trial.
Luminary is a podcast technology and content company offering a free podcast app with simple user interface and smart content discovery, and a premium subscription network of top quality and premium podcasts available only on Luminary. Driven by the singular mission to improve the podcasting experience for both listeners and creators, Luminary is making it easier for podcast listeners to find great content and for podcast creators to do their best work. Luminary Premium will have more than 40 shows and more than 1,000 hours of premium originals available only on Luminary, featuring some of the most recognizable voices in podcasting, legendary entertainers, and diverse and emerging voices. The free Luminary app -- where listeners can listen to Luminary Premium shows and their favorites among hundreds of thousands of publicly available podcasts -- is available for free on iOS, Android, and web.
For more information, visit luminarypodcasts.com or follow @hearluminary.
View source version on businesswire.com:https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20190513005421/en/
Sarah Rothman, The Lede Company
Note: Please reach out firstname.lastname@example.org you would like to receive free media access to Luminary Premium to review shows or listen to content.
KEYWORD: UNITED STATES NORTH AMERICA NEW YORK
INDUSTRY KEYWORD: WOMEN ENTERTAINMENT TECHNOLOGY OTHER TECHNOLOGY GENERAL ENTERTAINMENT COMMUNICATIONS OTHER COMMUNICATIONS MOBILE ENTERTAINMENT ONLINE CONSUMER MEN
Copyright Business Wire 2019.
PUB: 05/13/2019 08:00 AM/DISC: 05/13/2019 08:01 AM