EMS worker injured at Plum house fire
A Plum emergency medical technician was injured at a house fire in Plum Wednesday morning.
Officials at the scene along Wimbledon Drive near Boyce Park said the EMS worker suffered a cut while moving some hose. He was taken to Forbes Hospital. No other information on his condition was available
Danielle Lippert, 24, who was home at the time of the fire, said she was taking a shower when her dog, Sassafras, began barking at her to get her attention. When she went downstairs, she said she saw a fire under the home’s water heater.
Lippert, who lives at the home with her mother, said she turned off the home’s electricity and fled outside with the dog. She was not injured. Lippert’s mother was at work at the time.
Glenn Kopec Jr., chief at Plum’s Unity Volunteer Fire Department, said the fire was contained to the home’s basement but the house sustained significant damage.
The fire, first reported shortly after 9 a.m. is being investigated by the Allegheny County Fire Marshall’s office.
No damage estimate was immediately available.